Sunday, November 30, 2008

Birds and the bells

"Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Ding Dong!"


There is nothing better than the sound of a cowbell, when you hardly notice it, but then realize "yes that awesome repetative noise in the background of this amazing song, is none other than a darn cowbell".

I just had one of those moments while listening to a beautiful m83 song "coleurs".

Another really good noise in life, is bird chirping. I think bird chirping is a sound more musicians should include while creating music. You could play it unedited in the background, and let the bird lead the show. Loop a particular sound you really like. You could chop it up and make glitchy pop sounds out of it. There are endless options.

Speaking of endless options... I am getting ready to move up north. I have HUGE dreams about what my future abode will be like. I hope for something very romantic, small and empty. So i can collect random found objects and legitimize my thrifty purchases. I shouldn't really every be spending money, but i can't help it. This last week I replaced my makeup. I spent $65 on stuff and was given 500$ worth of makeup for almost free!!! You know what that means? Yup, I have a shit ton of makeup now. more than I ever had before and mroe than I'll ever need. I can paint my eyes blue, purple, green or yellow. I can paint the top part of my eye yellow and the bottom half purple. Start a new fad... or maybe just get laughed at.

No comments: