Saturday, January 1, 2011

a year end review:
  • 10 months in New Zealand (like a slice of delicious pie only way better), filled with new friends, amazing memories, mountains, laughter, and real english accents... already feels like years ago although it was more like yesterday.
  • Back in Portland: sake job- fired for snowboarding (oops), Korean English Camp job- hired for enthusiasm.

At this moment, on January 1, 2011 at 10:12 pm... sitting in my random and temporary 2 bedroom apartment on 90th & SE Powell Blvd (aka the ghetto)... I FEEL BLESSED.
what an amazing year this has been for me any many of my beloved friends and family. I've done things and been places I never imagined would have been a part of my life. I am currently weaseling my way into the role of a teacher, finally not working in the hospitality industry (although there is NOTHING wrong with that, I have just felt for a while like I've wanted to diversify my "professional" self).

My current employment gig as event coordinator for a winter break English camp for South Koreans is absolutely mental and amazing. Tonight I am overcome with relief and joy. Its only 10:16pm and i am DONE for the night. I am finished with my 5th day in a row of 16 hour work days, no one is yelling "teacher, teacher" at me in the cutest voice ever, and i have a glass of delicious and cheap red wine on my desk (BOOOOOOM!)

CHEERS TO A NEW YEAR a life full of great people, amazing opportunities and beautiful places.

RESOLUTIONS: money is purchasing power, purchasing power is our only voice in this crazy economic world, so I want to spend wisely. be healthy... I am 26- according to someone I am entering my physical prime as a woman, i want to run at least 10 miles each week, i'd like to stretch, sketch and read more, and EAT LESS SUGAR!

love you
ckd

a peek at the Columbia School of English's winter campers:



No comments: