Wednesday, May 4, 2011

BOUNTY

The doug fir was very fruitful last night. Deanna and I knew we were in for a treat, two tickets to see the sold out Menomena show... but the surprise was how freagin' awesome the open acts were as well.
It started with: Archeology (also playing FREE at RonToms this sunday... bring your Mum's!)

Beautifully followed by the violin, drum duo that created a symphony of sound, Talkdemonic:

and finally a band I've been yearning to see live since I first heard of them back in high school, Menomena... for some unclear reason they were focusing on there OLD music, which luckily for me were the tunes that made me fall for their sound. Here is a taste of their newest single:

(fun side note, Caitlin McCall and I recently got to work on a CHILDREN's music video together with the same women who helped make this menomena video... when I say "work" i mean we dressed up in giant paper mache costumes and participated in chase scenes and semi-choreographed dance sequences!!! exciting things to come!)

1 comment:

Rachel Wrong said...

What!? Why wasn't I invited to do this? Paper-mache costumes? Chase scenes? I was born for that.