Friday, April 24, 2009


What: road trip with boyfriend and beast (Alibi)
Destination: Napier & East Coast
When: Last Weekend
Why: because when you've got the time and the wings... you've gotta fly. Additionally, this is my last hurrah for the unforeseeable future. I have now happily relocated to Wellington, am unemployed and have depleted my funds buying a new bed, bike and sewing machine. I've spent the last few days, bundled up in blankets and working on my resume. So far I've had an interview at the best restuarant/bar in Wellington, Matterhorn, but no job offers. I am actually trying to get out of the restaurant industry so this weekend I have devoted myself and efforts to working on a CV for the __________ industry. Hopefully I'll land a job that will challenge and teach me great new things while make me wildly succesfully! So in summary, "Its business time"!

Back to the point: The east coast of the North Island is the bomb!!! I am excited to take my family there in September. Napier is known as the art-deco city, which really means the awesome city with beautiful design. The people were friendly, the second-hand stores were abundant and affordable (not the case in wellington), the beaches were vast, there was great cheese and wine all over the region, and camping was FREE!!!
John and I camped 3 different nights. It wasn't easy to find the free campsites, most cities have mapped out motor camps that A. don't allow dogs and B. cost about $30/night, so we devised a plan to get to know the local hot spots. Once arriving to our new destination, we hit the local pub and chatted with the patrons until we had figured out where we could rest for the night and wake up and surf in the morning. We stayed on two beaches and in one parking lot.
The weather was ideal, we played barefooted under the stars and around the campfire while drinking whiskey and shooting photos. The following are some moments from the trip...











No comments: