Tuesday, March 8, 2011

i wanna flox



(art by Flox)
i rode up to the mountain with a friend of a friend recently who was surprisingly out of control... i wont go into details but i was scared and i thought "dammit how'd i get myself into this situation". but the reality is i get myself into those situations all the time and normally things work out just fine, including this time, i was home safe and sound a few hours later. A little extra sore from a collision on the mountain (getting hit full speed by this dude). Aside from the minor uncomfortableness and lack of trust i had for this person, he was wonderful, full of great ideas and fun to be around, additionally he put into words something which i've felt for a long time "I have a special connection with birds," I asked him why and he said because he wants to be able to fly. I smiled and nodded, but inside there were small fireworks going off in my mind "me too! actually i think i am kind of a bird" but i didn't tell him this.

recently life introduced me to another person who has a special connection to birds and kind of reminds me of one due to the fact that he is incredibly independent, nests in rafters and seems to frequently migrate North to South. He blows my mind with his ability to create relentlessly. Makes me giddy inside that I made such a cool new friend during my brief stint back in Oregon.

I have twelve days left in USA until I fly to Japan, they are going to go by fast. I am so happy I came home, even if it was brief and fleeting its been full of romantic dates with my best friends, making memories with the family, exploring the free events around portland (please watch Y La Bamba video courtesy of Barbarapartment.com) all around a damn good time.


No comments: