Thursday, March 24, 2011

a T-chart


Um, so Japan rattled and rolled recently and then a massive wave washed over the shores of a city. Its in pretty bad shape, and sadly things haven't gotten too much better for those who have suffered the worst. I was still 4 days short of flying to Tokyo when the earthquake hit but that meant that I had to make a decision: Stay or Go...
Its difficult making these kind of decisions... a school of children are depending on me to teach, its only a week before I am supposed to start work, they've already got enough shit on their plates a the moment vs. the unknown fear of possible nuclear radiation, your scientific inclined friends telling you about the importance of your thyroid gland and the friend in Japan whose mentioned the lack of bottled water available and the likelihood of electrical blackouts for the next few months. UGH.
WHAT NEXT? I am looking forward to the next 6 months as flowers blossom and the sun begins to shine. I haven't had summer in a while and I am feeling pretty lucky to be in Oregon for this next one.
So my travel blog won't be so much about the freedom one experiences whilst on the road... at least not for a while. I am not sure what's next but i am keeping thoughts positive and fingers crossed for some MAGIC.

love,
ckd

4 comments:

~ Hannah ~ said...

I for one notice the left side weighing MUCH heavier than the right, Colleen. Call me biased, but it's true. I can't WAIT for springtime projects, hearing about your grad school ideas, small adventures we can all go on, tattoos and your NEW HAIRCUT (be still my heart). xoxo

Caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin said...

Oooh, that is kind of a tough one. I'd have to say I agree with not jumping into a pile of radiating goo though! Glad you and your thyroid stayed put...

Unknown said...

I am very glad that you decided to stay put. I think it was a good choice. Japan will still be there in a year or two, when things are little less destroyed.